The Event Planner Intern will provide essential assistance, planning and event coordination, as part of a team, for Evening of Hope, our Annual Gala taking place on April 17, 2020. This event raises funds to rescue and rehabilitate trafficking victims, and we expect 600+ in attendance. Responsibilities will include planning leading up to the event as well as day-of duties and responsibilities.
● Research and communicate with potential donors, to include Auction and Game portion, by calling, emailing commercial stores for donations.
● Assist Event Coordinator with proper documentation of all donations received for Auction and Game portion of the Gala.
● Assist with donor Thank You Cards for sponsorship levels as well as Auction and Game donors
● Assist with event details, to include volunteer assignments and event layout
● Assist with communication to staff, volunteers, panel members and table hosts
● Work alongside Volunteer Coordinator the day of the event to help with set-up and layout
● Will be Volunteer Event Lead for Evening of Hope 2020, welcoming and overseeing volunteers as well as assisting with tear-down and clean-up
● Other administrative event duties as assigned
● Interested in non-profit/ ministry to include fundraising
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
● Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar and Drive for storage)
● Energetic and personable
● Average of 10-15 hours a week (combination of 1-2 office days and remote work)
● Will work with you to determine schedule that is conducive to your schedule and our organizational needs
This internship will be overseen by the SOS International Volunteer Coordinator and the intern will serve as part of an Event Team to ensure a successful event.
To apply please submit a cover letter and/or resume to Janie Winn, email@example.com
Please note this is an unpaid internship with possible academic credit available, if approved by your academic counselor and institution.