As the holiday’s approach, we spend time planning events, decorating, shopping, savoring the season and thinking about ways we can give back. While we can’t help you with your Christmas list, we are good at finding creative ways to make an impact during the holiday season (or really any time of year) and so we wanted to share with you some of the top ways we will be giving back this holiday season. We’d love for you to join us!
Ways to serve this Thanksgiving:
- Sponsor a Thanksgiving Meal for a single parent family or foster parent. This is a fun way to help families right here, and you can do it on your own schedule.
- Help with a local Thanksgiving Outreach here, here or here. You can stop by and serve as part of a larger event. We need lots of hands to help!
Ways to Serve this Christmas:
- Ok, if you live in the Keller area, this is one of our favorite annual events: Christmas House with Community Storehouse and you can help with event set up or you can help families at the event.
- Here’s an opportunity to love on children in Foster Care this holiday season.
- We’ve all seen the Children’s Christmas Boxes, here’s a fun opportunity to help pack them up and get them sent to the children.
- Pack food for hungry children.
- Serve at a holiday pop up shop for families in need. Parents will come and pick out gifts for their children so that they will have gifts under the tree Christmas morning. Serve in Arlington or in Lewisville.
- Finally, we love Angel Tree! It is a fun way to include your whole family in on the fun. This year we have physical angel tree tags you can stop and pick up at any of the Cross Timber’s Church Campuses, or if you prefer online shopping you can check out our virtual angel tree shop here.
However you choose to give back and serve this holiday season, we want to hear about it! Take pics and tell us how you are giving back, this holiday season, on social media at @soslocal
May the Joy of the holiday season fill your heart. We hope you will find creative ways to give back generously to those around you! Together we can bring hope to at-risk children during this holiday season.