By: Christie A.
I love the start of a new year. The chance to look back on what 2022 held and dream afresh for 2023. As we gather impact data from 2022, here are some of our highlights:
- We Celebrated the grand opening of Casa Esperanza and welcomed in girls. We watched this Latin America Rescue Home take shape during the Covid pandemic, and we are so thankful to have girls experiencing freedom here
- Latin American Rescue is happening in tandem with our Asian rescue and rehabilitation programs. One number that we think is especially impactful is over 10,500 nights of safe sleep were provided in 2022 to children born in some of the worst neighborhoods in the world. A night of safe sleep is a starting point in the freedom journey and hundreds are on this journey of freedom.
On a personal note, one of the most deeply meaningful things that 2022 held was getting to collaborate with our Asia and Latin America Rescue and Rehabilitation Teams. These are some of the most faith-filled, brave warriors who are day-in and day-out walking the road to freedom with girls. The collaboration that took place this year between countries to see this model of freedom launched in Latin America is something that will forever hold a special place in my heart.
- We fed 5,731,988 meals. Between the first and second quarter of 2022 we watched direct food costs start to rapidly rise. I know you’ve all felt this in the grocery store, but we are seeing it in feeding programs too. Between the War in Ukraine and inflation, our dollars didn’t go as far as they did in 2021. We celebrate each of these meals fed and we are hopeful that in 2023 we can raise additional feeding funds to help us meet the growing need. If you haven’t had a chance to virtually visit a feeding site visit with Gracie, you want to check it out!
We have a feeding outreach that happens each month. We combine donated food with a food order to make this outreach happen and each month the order is the same.
In February it cost us $1,988.14,
In March it cost $2,111.92 and
In April it cost $2,268.20
…for the exact same amount of food.
This became a steady trend in 2022.
- Thanks to our friends at Trinity Portfolio, we launched radio campaigns allowing us to spread trafficking awareness and prevention to new audiences, bringing light into dark places.
- We partnered with Jyra Films and the Tao Brothers to create the Rabbit Hole. If you haven’t had a chance to see it yet, The Rabbit Hole is winning awards and helping bring awareness and education to how trafficking works.
- Across all our water aid programs we provided water to more than 50,000 people in 2022.
- Through the expansion of our North Texas warehouse, we were able to mobilize over $7.5 million dollars worth of goods to be used in outreaches in partnership with 112 Local Care Networks. This looks like weekend snack packs, hygiene kits, school supplies, furniture for refugees and single moms, OTC medicine, shoes and so much more.
I could go on and on, but at the end of the day we were able to respond to a lot of cries for help; building bridges for people to love their local communities and help at-risk children.
2022 posed many challenges, but the impact and opportunities far outweigh the trials.
We are excited for all that 2023 holds and we are so thankful for the ways you jump in and make a big difference!