By: SOS International
- Our family has a tradition of participating in at least one Christmas event every year, such as the North Pole Express or, more recently, a Christmas drone show. We also love to decorate our house after Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas music and watching movies or cartoons. Throughout the month of December, we enjoy watching Christmas plays as a family. – Elisha T.
- I enjoy taking my kids through Ann Voskamps Advent readings. – Christie A.
- My in-laws have a favorite Christmas drink: Mimi’s famous “Coffee Punch.” It’s delicious, and we look forward to it every year! After we unwrap presents, all of my cousins (some of whom are now grown-ups) will wad up all the tissue paper and have a “Paper snowball war.” There are no winners or losers, so it’s a fun way to “wrap” up present time – Javier P.
- My wife always likes to get the girls in our family matching PJs. – Mark M.
- During Christmas, we cook traditional Mexican dishes of menudo and pozole for dinner and bake and deliver sugar cookies to neighbors. We also like to enjoy the beautiful Christmas lights while sipping on hot cocoa, create a gingerbread village using leftover Halloween candy, and watch Christmas movies. – Janie W.
- One of the fun traditions our family has created over the years is family-wide Nerf war. After the great-grandparents leave, we bust out the Nerf guns and buckets of bullets, divide into two teams, and head outside. Everyone has a blast, even down to the youngest child in our family.
We also take communion together every Christmas. Bethlehem means the House of Bread, and Jesus referred to himself as the Bread of Life. He broke bread, saying, “This is my body broken for you. Take and eat.” It’s a joyful message that we celebrate and remember on Christmas Day. – Dwayne W.
No matter how you celebrate, we hope you build lasting traditions and moments that make time slow down and allow you to savor the beauty of this season. Time with loved ones, stillness, celebration, and savoring the gift of hope that we have freely received and that we can freely give. We are so thankful for you and your care for at-risk children!
Merry Christmas from your friends at SOS Team!